(ages 5 & up)
Archery is a universal, lifetime sport...anyone can do it! It builds upper body and core strength, along with balance and hand-eye coordination. Archery develops strong problem-solving skills, focus, determination and patience! "Exploring Archery" will introduce you to the sport of archery. All equipment, including bows, arrows (safe tip), quivers, targets, safety netting and cones will be provided. This 6-week program will help students practice precision and proper form, while promoting the joy and fulfillment that archery can bring! Each week si a new and exciting lesson plan. Students can develop at their own pace in a safe and fun environment! Taught by certified, experienced instructors from Shooting Star Archery Academy.
Safety Protocols and Procedures
1. Each participant will get a bow and 3 arrows to be used during class, which will be the same bow they use for each day
2. Bow and arrows will be sanitized after each class
3. Masks are not required, but is recommended
4. Participants will keep social distance
5. Instructors will wear a mask up close if social distance cannot be maintained
6. Participants should bring a water bottle and wear closed toed shoes. Parents can bring a lawn chair to watch, as long as everyone maintains social distancing!
Northampton Township Parks and Recreation has partnered with Newtown Township Parks and Recreation to offer YOU new Virtual and In-Person classes this summer. Even though many classes take place in Newtown, Northampton Residents still pay the resident rate when registering through the Northampton Parks and Recreation website. This great offer won't last forever, so make sure to Register Today!